Friday, October 13, 2017

Making Turns

We're FINALLY in the throes of Autumn after a rather lengthy Indian Summer that saw temps climb into the 90's on several occasions. The positive of this change: milder temperatures perfect for riding. The negative: many gray, overcast days, some of which include showers.

Most days lately have been of the gray and overcast variety, and without rain, it creates a very blah atmosphere if you don't have many trees in your immediate vicinity. As such, I was absolutely stunned by this bright green two stage turn queue box that suddenly appeared at 13th & Snyder Ave. on Friday morning:


I say suddenly because I ride through here just about every day, including the day before. I've admittedly been busy with other things lately - namely work and recording my EP - so sometimes biking-related news misses my radar, but I heard nothing about this and I'm pretty sure the road wasn't closed during daytime hours at all, meaning it literally happened overnight. In any case, I always appreciate new cycling infrastructure, and hopefully this makes this tricky intersection a little safer. It definitely brightened up my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment