Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Three Year Cycle

My bike, "The Bike With No Name," turned three years old last week. It's normal to celebrate your bike's birthday, right? If you're curious, here's a link to the post I wrote on the day he was "born" in Philadelphia. In those three years, we've shared more than 7,000 miles and so many memories I can't even attempt to count. What a ride it's been...

Sadly, even though I bought him a tune-up for his birthday, I haven't really had a chance to break him in since then. I did make it a point to sneak in a quick ride to do some errands in the midst of a busy February 28th:


After taking some recycling to the center and stopping off at the ATM, I paused for a slightly more scenic photo further down the road:


I rounded it out by stopping for some fast casual food for dinner:


In some ways, this is kind of a microcosm of what his life has been like. We've traveled far and wide and adventured through good and bad and most everything in between, and yet I can still count on him every day to get the little jobs done. That's probably the most important thing about any bike I'll ever own. So happy third, buddy. Cheers to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment