Friday, May 14, 2021

Tag Team

Since the pandemic began, most group biking activities have been few and far between, but that doesn't mean people aren't willing to partake in some sort of riding together. For example, there's a cycling group on Facebook for Grove City residents that has an ongoing event known as Bike Tag. If I could simplify it to one sentence, you use your bike to play tag with others in the community. Sort of.


It's pretty simple, and easy if you have the time to do it. The pic I posted above is from the Grove City Skate Park. This location was "tagged" by someone else, who posted their pic to the Facebook group:


You have to look closely for their bike, but trust me, it's there. Once the pic of the next location is posted, the goal is to find the location and take a picture of your bike at said location. You post that picture to let everyone know the location has been discovered:


Then, in the same ride, you take a pic of your bike in a different location and post THAT to the group:


That location becomes the new tag, and on and on it goes:


Neat, right? I've had a hectic schedule the last couple months due to usual Spring workload, but as luck would have it, a couple of the recent locations were close by my house and I was able to join in the game twice in less than a week. I certainly don't need any additional incentives to get out and ride, but this is certainly a good one. I'd like to think it encourages others to do the same.

Maybe you can try this where you live. Tag. You're it.

No comments:

Post a Comment