Thursday, July 6, 2017

Hot & Heavy

Last week I hinted that I might get called into active duty at Wash Cycle again this week. Guess what? I did:


That's the only picture I took from Monday & Wednesday, when I was covering the Center City commercial route. Sometimes getting pulled off my regular duties can be kind of stressful, but in this case it was for all the right reasons: our regular Center City commercial cyclist is in Spain getting his visa renewed. I mean...that shows commitment. He's quite possibly the best cyclist we have on the team, too, so I'll look forward to having him back.

In addition to being a full schedule to begin with, we also had to reschedule appointments due to the 4th of July, packing even more into the usual day. I was on the bike for nearly 4 hours on a hot, humid Monday, not including the actual deliveries and pick ups:


There's no way that calorie total is accurate, either. I'm estimating I moved 1,000 pounds of laundry, not to mention how much sweat weight I lost. Did I mention our Center City delivery guy is awesome? He does this every damn day!

Back to somewhat normal now, I'm feeling like I need an adventure some time soon. A Bikes & Beers ride this weekend, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment