Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Elderly Woman Standing Behind the Counter in a Big City (Part Two)

If you didn't read part one, click here.

It just so happens that I was assigned to deliver the bag I (literally) helped pack the day before. We don't always get assigned the same customers two days in a row, believe it or not.

Knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised that I had a little more time that morning to hang around for a few minutes instead of rushing out the door. I did have several more stops after this one, but nothing I couldn't handle after a short intermission.

After I delivered the bag, the customer began telling me more stories about her son, why her apartment sucks, what she used to do for a living, all manner of things. I'll spare the details, but the conversation went on for about 10 minutes.

Afterward, she said "Thank you so much. You made my day." and gave me one of the most generous tips I've ever received. Of course, I said "You don't have to do that." She insisted. So as not to offend her, I accepted her generous offer.

There's a moral to this, but you can figure it out for yourself, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment