Monday, March 20, 2017

Cyclist in Residencial

I got called into cycling duty again tonite due to extenuating circumstances. You may recall a similar situation I wrote about from last Monday.

Two (or technically one) big differences: today also happened to be the first day of Spring, and the weather was GORGEOUS! I was wearing a hoodie and jeans this afternoon when I showed up in the sunshine to get on the road:

Not pictured, me in a hoodie and jeans

It wasn't completely sunny, but with no rain, very little wind, and temperatures in the 50's, the conditions were absolutely perfect for an evening of deliveries. Today's route was completely different than last week's (part of why I used to enjoy residential deliveries sometimes). It was kinda weird being back on the bike in some of the areas I used to frequent on a daily basis. I saw a couple clients tonite that were with us back when I started in 2014, and though they don't remember me, I do remember them. Funny how that works. I paused for a minute in the Gayborhood because this looks quaint:

Not pictured: the client, because that would be illegal

That was when the evening was at its cloudiest. I finished my 4-6 appointments earlier than I thought I would, enough so that I had time to pause in my old stomping grounds in Queen Village:

Still not sure WHICH queen this village is named after...

Double bonus, I picked up dinner in the form of a falafel sandwich from Alyan's, one of my go-to spots for middle-eastern cuisine. Triple bonus, I had enough time to grab some macrobiotic groceries at Essene Market. Kinda made me miss living near this area just a little bit...

Things picked up during the last hour to the tune of 5 appointments, which was a very good thing because the temperatures were starting to drop. Ya know, that tends to happen when the sun goes down. A bit of a longer route this time around, 15 miles according to Strava:


That trek up Columbus Blvd. (on the far east side of the map) wasn't very much fun because some of the bike lanes still have snow piles in them, but all in all it was a great evening to be on a bike. I don't mind occasionally being called into action one bit, but I hope this doesn't become a regular thing...there's an opportunity for someone else here. Speaking of, if you're interested in a part time cycling position, let me know.

And with that, Spring cycling season is underway. Happy trails, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment