Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Free Wheel Spirit


It's time to try something new in my ongoing quest to find creative outlets and/or means of expression. So, I present to you, this shiny new blog!

I started my first blog, "The Present is a Gift," a year and a half ago just as I was about to embark on a cross-country adventure to Oregon. Even after I returned home to PA, I kept the blog going. I still come up with new things I'd like to write about all the time.

The problem has been that while I get started on something, my schedule is so jam-packed these days with work AND extracurriculars that I would often leave blog posts unfinished, with the intent of returning to finish later.

Needless to say, I have about a half-dozen unpublished drafts that may never see the light of day. Obviously, I'm not getting out of it what I intended. If you enjoy it, don't worry. It's not going anywhere. I do intend to write more some day, but for now, I'm taking a break to pursue other creative ideas. Other, less cerebral ideas. So...

I've been working as a delivery cyclist at Wash Cycle Laundry since late October, and I encounter my fair share of ups, downs and straight up oddities. I've also been noticing a lot of abandoned bicycles and bike locks throughout the city. I wanted to do something with these and kind of let it evolve into its own thing, either as an art project or just for my own personal amusement.

It might be daily, it might not. I may post a story, a picture, or both, or none. Hah...so here it is. My free spirit on two wheels in the city of Philadelphia. Let's ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment