Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Winding to a Halt

No "crazy" story this time, just a little appreciation.

So yesterday was supposed to be the "tough day" for biking because, despite the lackluster blizzard, the city was covered with slush. I did pick up a flat, but surprisingly, today was more difficult.

Bright, sunny skies in Winter also mean much colder temperatures, and fierce, biting winds. If you've never ridden a bike and been hit by a 40 MPH gust, trust me - it's not fun. Add a trailer full of laundry to the mix and things get interesting.

I was crossing the South St. bridge this morning when I was rudely greeted with one of said gusts, or so I thought. It pushed me back to a near halt, at which point I decided to "wait it out." I looked to my left:


As a small town boy, I can't believe I'm about to type this, but something about that skyline makes me feel "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment