Sunday, October 1, 2017

Rustcycles: 21st & Chestnut

I was riding on a busy stretch of Chestnut Street the other day when I spotted this:



The rear wheel is potato-chipped pretty badly and it's been stripped of its front wheel already, but the frame is actually in decent shape. I've always wondered why more people who've left their bikes abandoned don't come back later to unlock and salvage the remains.

Speaking of locks, I happened to notice this bike is attached with the same lock I own:


So I know my lock will work, which is good news I guess, but I actually hate that thing. It's got an ovular tube as opposed to circular. The simple geometric difference from my Kryptonite (that broke back in April) makes locking and unlocking much more difficult, but I guess that makes it tougher for criminals? Anyway, I'll make do for now.

Rustcycles is a series of abandoned bikes and locks I've stumbled upon throughout Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment