Monday, December 7, 2015

Saint Beeramin

Last week, I had this absolutely amazing beer from Saint Benjamin Brewing called Hopligation. If you can ever find it on a hand-pump/beer engine, I highly recommend it. It's absolutely one of my new favorite IPAs.

What does this have to do with biking, you ask? Well, I was enjoying said beer with a couple friends and they asked where Saint Benjamin brewing was located. I said "It's somewhere in Philadelphia, but I don't know where." I did the Google thing, and found out it's at 1710 N. 5th Street, which is less than a half block north from Cecil B. Moore Avenue, which I ride almost every day for work. I couldn't believe I missed seeing this place all this time.

So one day, I decided to take the two minute detour to find it, and then I understood why I missed it:


Very unassuming, right? I mean, breweries are usually pretty sizeable, but Saint Benjamin is about as micro-brew as it gets, so it makes sense. Yet another reminder to stop and look around once in a while. Ya never know what you might miss...I think that was a quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or at least a rough translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment