Monday, December 7, 2015

The Coffee Crusader

A co-worker out of our Thompson St. facility recently quit, and I decided to take on his duties as morning residential cyclist in addition to my commercial route.

It's been enjoyable in some respects, going back to the way things were when Thompson first opened...other aspects, not so much. For starters, I'm waking up about an hour earlier and starting my shift about 2 hours earlier, so I don't have much time in the morning to get ready. I guess I could wake up even earlier, but let's not get crazy. 6AM is early enough.

Anywho, one of the positives is that I've been exploring new areas of the neighborhoods I frequent and revisiting places I haven't been to in months. Take for example, Front Street Cafe, located at the corner of Front & Master Streets:


I service Fishtown and Northern Liberties quite frequently, but until last week, I hadn't noticed this place, which opened in August.

I popped in here today 'cuz I didn't have time to make coffee this morning, but was sorely in need of a fix. I mean, it was in the 30's this morning, and even on a nice day, I don't feel quite right without a solid cup of coffee.

I'm glad I did. It turns out I may be stopping by here quite frequently, because they happen to serve my favorite brand of organic coffee beans: Counter Culture. Because it's good, it's hard to find, but I absolutely refuse to settle for La Colombe. Shit tastes like aluminum. So, this was a pleasant find on an otherwise dreadful Monday morning, which I won't detail. Focus on the positives.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment