Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Soy to the World

I'll go right out and say it: the weather has absolutely SUCKED around here lately. If not for last week including Christmas and this week including my birthday and New Year's Day (and an extended weekend), well, nah it still sucked.

In the midst of it, one day when it WASN'T raining and instead just gray and overcast, I was treated to a pleasant smell: tofu!

I know what you're thinking. "Steve, what the heck does tofu smell like?" And those of you who know a little about tofu might ask, "How can something that is inherently flavorless have a smell?" Well, I assure you it does, and I rather enjoy it.

I was riding up Fairmount Avenue last week, when I happened upon the familiar smell (some claim smell is the closest sense related to memory) but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then, I looked to my left:


Nature Soy is all over Philly, restaurants and Asian markets alike, but I had no idea their factory was right in the heart of my delivery area. Kinda neat. Best of all, it's non-GMO!

Seriously, it's been a bleak couple of weeks around here. I've had to find simple pleasures to keep my spirits up...EAT MOR TOFOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment