Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Nice Rack: 15th & South

I've been writing about a lot of abandoned bicycles of late, so it's time to balance it out with something more pleasant.

Not too far down the street from our Wash Cycle Laundry laundromat, there's a neat little slice of bicycle heaven, beginning with this musically-themed bike rack:


I feel like I've written about one of these before (there are several at musically-prone places throughout the city) but just in case I didn't, there it is. The music nerd in me is slightly bothered - the sculpture clearly shows two notes tied together, but they appear to be a hybrid of 16th and half notes. Violation.

The bike nerd in me absolutely loves it. It's not only functional, but it looks neat too (even despite the musical discrepancies). It also happens to be at the end of a row of Sheffield style bike racks, which are some of my favorites to lock to. These racks are immediately adjacent to a small outdoor seating area and an Indego bike share station:


The naysayers will point out that this takes up 3 parking spots, but in those spots you can park more than a dozen bikes (including bike share). I don't use Indego very often, but it's nice to know it's there, and I hope spaces like these begin to appear more often. As a sign of how far things have come, Indego didn't even exist when I began this blog nearly 3 years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment