Friday, November 17, 2017

Nice Rack: Kelly & Ferry

Whoa! 2 Nice Rack posts in a row!

I had to take a trek out to East Falls on Tuesday for work. Our plant in this area lies about 8 miles northwest of my house, approximately 4 times further away than my usual morning commute. Of course, I very easily could have taken a car, but you know me better than that by now...

Despite abundant sunshine, it wasn't the most pleasant day for riding in the early morning hours. I was forced to dress for temperatures in the low-40's Fahrenheit, unaware of just how windy conditions were outside at the time. I guess I should have assumed as much, as I'd be biking along the river for a good portion of the ride. It's always windy there. Always.

With this being the case, a little over halfway to my destination, I was already soaked in sweat from having to pedal aggressively against said wind. As I came up Kelly Drive and made a left in the final mile to head towards our plant, I paused to catch my breath and shed a layer of clothes. I knew I was close, but it had seriously gotten that bad that I couldn't stand it.

It just so happens that the bike-friendly restaurant In Riva sits at this corner, a place I'd stopped at awhile back. They were closed, but it was still a good place to stop for some bike-related scenery, including this neat looking (and highly functional) bike rack:


Wonder how many you could fit there...the decor also features several permanent Rustcycles. You can see one just behind the red rack:


Two for one. A look across the street also provides a nice view of the river and (at this time of the year) some colorful foliage:


Not a bad place to stop, and after shedding my overcoat, the last mile wasn't so bad. The ride home was also really nice with the wind at my back. No pain, no gain, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment