Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Oh Wow Wednesday Part 1: Memory Burn

Today was a loaded day. I was busy to begin with, and a few interesting things happened along the way, but first, a reflection...


I had a delivery in Northern Liberties this morning, immediately after a delivery in South Philly. The 3+ mile ride between deliveries was, let's say, an invigorating start to my day.

Thankfully, I had a bit of a lull afterward, so I took a brief 2 block detour to my old apartment, above "The Fire."

It felt so weird to be there, and I don't know why. I come back to this neighborhood at least once a week, if not three or four times, for work, and I still play Open Mic Night down the street. So why did it feel so strange to be here?

I was thinking how awesome it felt when I moved there. Now, I feel like I don't "belong" there for some reason. I guess the place served its purpose. Really, it was kind of a dump, but in some ways, I miss it. Mostly how cheap it was to live there. Hah.

It's only been 4 months since I moved out, but it seems like much longer. It's only been 1 year since I moved to Philadelphia, but again, it seems like much longer.

At any rate, I moved on (both then and now), because I still had more deliveries...

No comments:

Post a Comment