Thursday, March 12, 2015

Oh Wow Wednesday Part 2: Bike "Race"

After my morning reminiscence, I had a long way to go to my next delivery in Rittenhouse Square, no matter which route I was to take. In an effort to keep things interesting, I opted to go west on Girard Avenue and south through the Fairmount area simply because I hardly ever ride through there.

Somewhere around Ridge Avenue, a young woman biked past me, stopping shortly just ahead at a red light. I like to think there's a solidarity amongst cyclists (that's my best excuse), so when I pulled up at the light, I made sure to say "hi." The light turned green, and we continued on.

There wasn't any big experience here, just a rather funny situation for about 10 minutes where she would pull ahead for a few blocks and seemingly lose me, then I'd catch up, then the reverse would happen, until finally somewhere around Market Street, she turned left and I said "bye."

I should have given her my number when we were stopped at a red light. Damn!

Anyway, the day rolled on...

No comments:

Post a Comment