Monday, September 28, 2015

Happy Trails

It's been a few days since I've posted. I'll explain why in a bit. Meanwhile...


One day, I'm going to complete the D&L trail. I know it's something that could be completed in less than a day, but since I don't live close by, I'm going to have to piecemeal it together.

Last weekend, I knocked out another small section with my Dad (thanks for letting me borrow your bike while mine was being fixed yet again). The section between Slatington & Palmerton is a nice, gentle, mostly flat ride that takes less than an hour round trip. I did the upper part of it back in April plus a few small detours.

Anywho, not much to report on this section really, other than the Slatington Airport:


I swear I've never once seen a plane take off or land from this airport in all the years I lived there. It's gotta be a front.

There's also this ancient water tower that sits unused, unrestored and yet, is still standing for some reason:


Biggest thing I noticed: no graffiti either.

It's always nice to get outside the city and onto a trail for a change. It's always nice to experience different things, especially since my schedule has gotten crazily busy the last few weeks, which brings me back to the beginning of this post.

I love writing this blog, sharing my experiences and of course, living them. However, without going into too much detail, my personal and professional life has gotten very complicated recently, and over the next month or so, I'm probably not going to be blogging much, if at all. At least, not while I'm working on sorting this stuff out. Even writing a short post that takes up 10 minutes seems daunting at times with so much on my plate.

It's nothing serious, and I know this blog is nothing serious either, but as I've built a somewhat loyal following, I felt I owed it to you - the readers - to let you know what's going on. The biggest thing I have to take care of is finding a new place to live in Philly. So, if you can help with that, let me know. If not, I'll see you on the other side.

I'll be back to normal before I know it, so stick around. Thanks for reading as always, and happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment