Saturday, May 14, 2016

Mann Up

#365daysofbiking status: 46 days

I have absolutely no way of knowing if this is true or not, but I'm pretty sure that today I logged more miles on a work day than I ever have: 35.5. It might be true, it might not be, but either way, even I'm a little sore right now.

I owe this tremendous log of mileage in no small part to a same-day service to the Mann Center:

You can't tell how overcast it is - thanks Instagram

Going there and back twice in the same day alone is over 15 miles (I forget the exact total and I don't feel like opening up Strava). Even with e-bike assist, it's still a workout. West Philly hills are no joke. Random note, check out this sign and see if you can spot the typo:

Mann shouldn't have 2 N's, right?

I'll give you a hint: I rode on the typo in question last month...

Thankfully I came in early today, and my laundry staff was super on top of everything, because just after this pic was taken, it started POURING. I got a little soaked, but at least the laundry got there while it was still dry. Silver lining, right?

Which is good because coming in early today was...not enjoyable. That old saying about rough mornings following good evenings is true. I played 2 consecutive open mic nights on Wednesday and Thursday, and of course I rode my bike to both:

True rock n' roll, or something like that

Pretty excited about that. I spent so much time biking and blogging over the last month, I seriously didn't have time to work on music. For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook, I did promise to have new stuff soon, and I'm keeping to that, so stay tuned.

I wasn't allowed to take pics of this, but I biked up to see a friend and co-worker in a play tonite, which was also pretty awesome. It's called "The Christians" and it's at the Wilma Theatre all month if you happen to be in the city.

Anywho, the 35.5 miles today is a pre-cursor to what is shaping up to be an epic Monday, where I'll be re-visiting The Mann Center, picking up another large haul from Outward Bound, doing my usual service in Fishtown/Northern Liberties AND hauling ass up to North Philly AND out to Swarthmore. I may regret working this weekend, but it should be worth it. If I don't blog for awhile, I'm sure you'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment