Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Everyone Loves a Blog

We're talkin' cycling...


In the midst of some unenjoyable yet tolerable weather today, I paused briefly in West Philly near the Mann Center for a break and the pic above, which showcases the Philadelphia Negro League team (in case you didn't know we had one of those, or if you didn't know they existed - we've come a long way).

I was telling a co-worker how excited I was to be returning to the Mann for our Summer deliveries simply because of how much I enjoy the ride, and I started reminiscing about the first time I rode out there last year. It was a day not unlike today - gray, overcast, humid, yet tolerable, and the ride wasn't bad, all things considered. I've also come a long way since then, if you'll indulge me...

I started this blog back in January of last year. In January of this year, I thought about doing an anniversary post of some sort, but ultimately, I felt it was futile. I think all of you who read this regularly can appreciate how much this thing has meant to me and what kind of impact it's had on my life. That goes without saying. I now get paid to write blog posts on the Wash Cycle Laundry company blog, and it all started because I wanted a simple way for me to get some things out of my head, attempt to be creative and also share stories with others. Thankfully they (and all of you) noticed.

It's meant so much to be a part of a larger movement towards cycling awareness, environmentally friendly business, sustainability and social change. I never would have been inspired to do #30daysofbiking without my co-workers, or to attempt to continue on with #365daysofbiking (more on that in a moment).

I owe a ton to my family (of course), my friends, macrobiotics (which brought me to Philly in the first place), and most certainly Wash Cycle Laundry. Consider this my anniversary post, overdue but right on time, and many thanks for reading, as always.

By the way, I'm still on track for 365 days of biking, but I can't possibly keep up with this blog every day. I joined Strava to make logging my miles a little less labor intensive. Follow me, I'll follow you. I'll try to post regular updates on here every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment