Tuesday, May 31, 2016

When I'm 64

#365daysofbiking status: 64 days

Because I love statistics, here are a couple quick hits:
  • According to my Strava profile, I've logged 417.6 miles in the month of May
  • According to my blog, I logged 572.6 miles in April for #30daysofbiking
  • I'm not sure what I logged from March 28-31 (when I unofficially began 365 Days of Biking), but let's assume it was 40 miles (10 miles a day, which is about average)
  • Total so far for 365 days of biking: 1,030.2 miles

That's pretty staggering for a little over 2 months. I wish there was a way to figure out what I've done so far for the year. Time machine, anyone?

I thought it would be a good time to check in, because recently my schedule has gotten kinda hectic (in a good way). Wash Cycle Laundry has started servicing a new hotel client, and yours truly was given the reins. It's required me to spend some more time in a car, but as you can see, I've still found time to get on the bike. What I haven't had time to do is write. So here I am.


I took the above pic when I was visiting my Dad during 30 Days of Biking, and forgot about it until I was "cleaning out" photos just now. Kinda reminded me that I've forgotten about this blog over the last couple weeks in the midst of the organized chaos of hotel linen management. There haven't been very many epic bicycle-related adventures in my life these days, which is totally fine for now. The Summer is still looming large and I have a list that will get cut down in due time.

What was also looming large was one of the largest hurdles I will probably face during this challenge: vacation. Every June, I go to Canada for a week with some family, and our cars are usually packed to the gills with gear and humanity, leaving little room for anything else, much less a bicycle. Tonight, my cousin told me we can "make it work." I'm doing a happy dance right now.

In addition to new work, things are happening on the musical front. Beer Money (my co-run acoustic duo) returned to the stage earlier this month. I've started playing Open Mics again. I've played a couple campfires haha...but more importantly, I'll be playing a showcase at the Raven Lounge in Philly tomorrow night (Wednesday - come out if you're free). You can bet that I'll have my bike in tow.

So that's it in a nutshell. I admittedly have been bad at keeping up with this blog, but know that I'm keeping up the good fight. Cycle on, everyone. And Happy June. Anyone have any big cycling/adventure plans for the Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment