Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nice Rack: 10th & Watkins

Quick life update: I've been working a lot lately (to the tune of working 20 of the last 21 days, and eventually it'll be 27 of 28), but I recently re-signed my lease for another year. Fan-fucking-tastic if you ask me, because I've never lived in a place for more than a year since about 2008, and my bank account is finally back to where it was before I face-planted a little over a year ago. Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Also little over a year ago, I first stumbled into Watkins Drinkery, which has since become one of my regular happy hour haunts. A few weeks ago, I noticed the normal, everyday bike rack outside had some new colors on it:


It's actually not a paint job, but rather a yarn bomb:


For those of you who don't know what yarn bombing is, don't feel bad. I didn't know about it before I started this blog. In fact, case in point is this oblivious blog post from, you guessed it, a little over a year ago. They're some of my favorite street art pieces to find, though, mostly because they're almost always gone within a month or two. Something about catching a glimpse of something that's only there for a moment makes it feel "special," I guess.

Anywho, happy November (really), and here's hoping I can sneak in some more pre-Winter rides once my schedule calms down.

Nice Racks is a series of bike rack art I've stumbled upon throughout Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment