Thursday, November 10, 2016

Share This!

Yesterday was a tough day for many.  Overlooking the obvious (Election results, which I was going to be unhappy with no matter what as a Bernie Sanders supporter), I was greeted with a flat tire at 13th & Locust while I was on my way to work:


As you can see, it was also raining, a trend which continued throughout the entire day.  There might be some symbolism in that.  Already late and exhausted from staying up late to watch returns, I was thrown a small bit of fortune in the form of an Indego station just across the intersection from where I realized my tire went flat:


I was able to finish my morning commute via bicycle.  After work, I tackled fixing the tire.  I was not a fan of Indego at first (even though I liked the idea), but it's saved my ass on numerous occasions, and I'm glad it exists.  Excuse me as I mount my soapbox for a paragraph:

Projects like Indego don't come about by electing a President.  They come about by electing local officials and supporting efforts in your community to make the small world around you a better place.  Having a figurehead in your corner sure doesn't hurt, but the local game is really where this all begins.  I experience many of these small joys that remind me there's always hope, and I hope you'll all remember that too, as I remain optimistic that we can ride towards a better future...

No comments:

Post a Comment