Saturday, November 19, 2016

Nice Rack: 21st & Ludlow

Two Nice Racks posts in a row?  Might be a sign...

At any rate, back in August, I mentioned some of my favorite bike racks in the city, which are actually old parking meter poles that have been repurposed.  Yesterday, I spotted another incarnation of the same ilk:

 

You can't really tell from that picture, but that's actually a bollard (ya know, the kind designed to keep cars from driving or parking on sidewalks) with a bike rack welded to it.  If I zoom out, you'll get the full picture (pun intended):

The poles are a bit more cumbersome, and as a result you can't really lock two bikes to one pole, but still, it works:

 
Philly is by far one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country, but we can always use more bike racks, so this is pretty awesome.  You wouldn't believe how often I ride to places and have nowhere to lock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment