Monday, December 18, 2017

How the Grinch Biked Christmas

A lot of people like to go Christmas shopping and get as much as possible accomplished in one fell swoop. While I understand their reasoning, I am not one of those people. In fact, for as much as I love the gift giving and overall feelgood nature of the Christmas season, I absolutely despise going Christmas shopping. I give extra kudos to my friends who still work in retail this time of year, because being in most stores for any more than a couple minutes these days drives me bat shit crazy.

That said, I'm not a total Grinch. I do go Christmas shopping. I just prefer to take many small trips as opposed to one or two large trips. I can handle the stress in limited doses. I got started early (haha!) this year and headed out for a few of these trips on Saturday. It works out perfectly, because I can only carry so much on my bike. 


That was the lightest of three separate trips to three different stores I made this weekend, the last of which was a combined effort that included my weekly grocery store visit last night:


The biggest bonus in all of this (at least for me) is that I put more miles on my bike and my legs, so I don't feel as guilty about eating all those Christmas cookies. I'm also plugging Mom's Organic Market because I'm stoked they're finally in Philly, and I'll gladly ride the literal extra mile to shop there instead of Whole Paycheck.

I'm still not finished shopping, so there are several more rides ahead this week. One week until Christmas. Can you believe it?

#bikeyourbirthmonth

No comments:

Post a Comment