Tuesday, December 12, 2017

I Want to Ride my Tricycle...

The cold blast and snow we received last weekend hasn't necessarily translated to less riding even after a slow weekend. I rode 4+ miles up to North Philly to train people on our new data entry system, which sounds as boring as it is (other than the ride there and back, of course). It's not that bad actually, and long overdue, just not my forte. I'd rather be on the bike or failing that, writing about being on the bike.

But hey! On a related note, since I was all the way up there, I also got to spend some time with my old friend, the tricycle I rode for over 2 years as a Wash Cyclist:


He needed a little bit of love: a new brake cable, some routine cleaning/oiling/greasing, and some Winterization, which basically was just me pumping up the tires and re-installing these handlebar mittens also known as Bar Mitts:


The most rewarding part was the test ride, even if it was just a mile. I mean, ya can't do all this work without trying it out, right? It always feels a little awkward to be back on the trike after several months away, yet strangely comforting and familiar. It's actually much different than riding a bike.

#bikeyourbirthmonth

No comments:

Post a Comment