Monday, December 11, 2017

There's (s)No(w) Stopping Me

Ten days into December and I've fulfilled my promise to myself thus far. #BikeYourBirthMonth hasn't been much of a challenge other than dealing with the expected cold weather. Friday included a trip up to North Philly for a brief visit to my old stomping grounds at the Thompson St. laundromat:


That evening, a ride to dinner at the Triangle Tavern, and a beautiful (and annual) seasonal scene that my phone camera doesn't do justice:


An uneventful ride in the early morning hours Saturday preceded the first significant snowfall of the late Autumn. I actually was outside the city for most of it. Here's what the scene looked like mid-day back at Mom's house:


Those two bikes at left belong to the neighbors. I feel bad for 'em. No additional rides yesterday, but today I put in a couple short rides: one just around the block from where my car was parked, and another to the pharmacy for some Christmas shopping. The roads are actually in good shape, all things considered. Makes me not as dreadful of tomorrow morning as I thought initially.

I'm actually pretty pumped for the week ahead, as the annual Holiday Lights Ride occurs on Wednesday. Imagine cruising to see Christmas lights on a bike, because that's what it is. The route changes slightly every year, but I imagine 10th Street (above) will be on the list of planned ride-bys. We shall see...

#bikeyourbirthmonth

No comments:

Post a Comment