Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I Have the Best Words

In fact, they're Megawords!

Last Sunday, I participated in a community bike build. I Instagram'd lotsa cool pics on behalf of Wash Cycle too.

I had originally planned to do a full write-up of the experience. Ya know, how cool it was to help build bikes for the community and volunteer to support bicycling, etc. etc. etc, but in all honesty, they had enough bike mechanics on hand that I didn't even have to pick up a wrench. I spent most of the two hours carting trash away and helping kids move bikes upstairs, which was pretty fun, but certainly not glamourous. I ended up writing something else much more enjoyable that day.

Towards the end of the event, I was sitting and chatting (and drinking beer and eating Chipotle) with some folks from Gearing Up and happened to notice 4 or 5 copies of this mysterious publication sitting on the table (the aforementioned Megawords).

I didn't have time to look at it before I left, but I grabbed a copy and threw it in my bookbag for later. Turns out, it's quite the interesting little publication. Lots of great photos, oddly enough not that many words! One picture in particular caught my eye:

A picture of a picture. The infinite regression!

I photographed this same building myself almost a year ago:

The oats have gone stale by now.

It's an old Quaker factory at 9th & Poplar Streets here in the city. Makes me think I should submit some photos to these guys...

I had no idea this magazine existed until last week, but apparently they have produced 22 issues. Guess I gotta keep an eye out for this from now on, being the amateur photo-nerd that I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment