Thursday, March 17, 2016

Sometimes Nice Guys Finish First

I've made it no secret that I love Chipotle. Any time I'm in need of a quick, quality meal during a busy day, they're my go-to. Yesterday, I had to stop there because I had very little time between my morning route and a PR event we were doing.

Long story short, they screwed up my order and gave it to me for FREE because I didn't make a scene and was willing to take the screwed up burrito rather than having them waste all that food. I tipped them generously in exchange - it still cost less than the burrito, but not many people tip at fast food restaurants, so I'm sure they appreciated it.

If you're wondering what the screw-up was, they put mild AND medium salsa on it when I only asked for mild, making for a very LARGE burrito and an extremely worthwhile keep on my part:

To quote Homer Simpson, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing."

On top of that, while in line, the guy behind me was asking questions about these two coupons he had. They explained that he could only use one at a time, so he offered the other to me because "I never come here." So, of course I said thank you for the coupon and walked out with a free chips and salsa to boot. I thanked the guy and wished him the best of days.

Sometimes I get lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment