Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sculpture Culture

I've said many times that I love how much art I find every day in this city (which could be true for just about any city), but it's true.

I was riding on Girard Avenue this morning and happened upon this unassuming sculpture. You'd miss it if you were driving by, as it almost looks like an ordinary bike from the street:

Ya know, except for the really tall handlebars and seat...

A closer look reveals that this is actually a sculpture of a deconstructed bicycle:

Maybe this should be my logo for "Free Wheel Spirit." Free Wheel. Get it? The wheel...alright I lost you.

There's not much else going on at this part of Girard Avenue except some beautiful old stone row homes and the Berean Institute in the background at 20th Street:

And BRICK sidewalks - no one does that any more!

Still not 100% sure on my interpretation of the sculpture, but in any case, art really is everywhere. Sometimes you just gotta look around.

** ** ** ** **

In case you missed my post a few weeks back, I'm very excited to be participating in 30 Days of Biking starting tomorrow! I already have several adventures planned, but many more that will be spontaneous (as I usually do). Ride along with me all month long, and support World Bicycle Relief while doing so. Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment