Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Damn the Mann - Well, Sort of...

As activity picks up in the City of Brotherly Love with Summer on the horizon, things are picking up at Wash Cycle as well. After all, more activity means more dirty laundry. :-D

One seasonal appointment I'm more than happy to have added to my roster is the Mann Center in West Philly, if for no other reason than that I get to bike ~4 miles each way a few times a week AND GET PAID FOR IT.

Today was the first time I've ridden out there, and let me tell you, 4 miles in this weather was certainly a sticky affair - literally. When I finally made it to the top of the hill, the concessions company rep wasn't there yet, so I decided to catch my breath and take in the view. It's much better on a clear day, but this isn't too shabby either:


Of course, two seconds later, the security guard came up to me and said "You know you ain't allowed in here." Actually, no, I didn't. And I double-checked: after entering through the back gate, there are no "authorized personnel only" signs or anything resembling them. So no, sir. I didn't know. How would I? I'll spare you the rant about authority figures. You've heard it all before anyway.

At the very least, a moment's peace in the midst of a typically hectic schedule is always nice, the view was equally enjoyable, and the mostly downhill ride back to the laundromat was pretty awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment