Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Nice Rack: Everywhere

#31daysofbiking Mileage Counter: 418.2

Today was by no means a bad day, but it sure was frustrating. On Wednesdays, I spend the majority of my day in University City. Today happened to be move in day for the University of Pennsylvania, which turned the entire surrounding area into a traffic shitshow, affecting cyclists as well.

I'm gonna focus on the positives, these bike racks that appear just about everywhere in the greater Center City area:

Those bolts really bring the design together

I lock to these all the time (including twice today) and today I realized that in the 1.6 year history of this blog, I've not once mentioned them. I like 'em 'cuz they have little bikes in the middle, among other reasons. For one, these guys are actually re-purposed parking meter poles:

Try ticketing me, PPA...

They're also my favorite because their structure allows for easy locking of the wheel AND the frame with a standard U-lock. Little pleasures:

Oooooo a red one!

As for the route today, 13 bags from Outward Bound was just the tip of the laundry pile:

Neato

I always owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to my laundry staff. I moved over two thousand pounds of floor mats and additional linens on top of this, and I couldn't do it without their help. Unfortunately, due to the nightmare-ish conditions around UC, it took me all damn day instead of the 4ish hours that it usually does. No pics needed.

In spite of all this, I logged only 15ish miles on the bike today. "Only." Haha...I didn't set any real goals before this month started, but 500 is definitely in sight. I definitely won't get there tomorrow, but I have a pseudo moment of triumph planned for another reason. One more week, y'all! Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment