Wednesday, June 3, 2015

IndeGo In the Clutch

A few weeks ago, I mildly insulted the new IndeGo BikeShare in Philly. Wouldn't you know it? Today it saved my ass.


That's ANOTHER flat rear tire - why do flats ALWAYS happen on the rear tire? Fronts are much easier to fix, that's why!

At any rate, I had just left Thompson Street and was on my way to the Wash Cycle office to take care of some administrative BS when it happened. Luckily, it happened two blocks from the IndeGo station at Logan Square. Of course I didn't like the idea of having to pay for a bike, but I guess it's better than taking a cab. It rode rather nicely too, even though it's a bit bulkier than my hog.

Thanks to bike sharing, I made it to the office on time and all the other things I had to do this afternoon weren't too adversely impacted. One big plus: I didn't have to return the bike to where I picked it up. I rode the bike to 4th & Christian (which is pretty close to my neighborhood) and took my car to pick up my bike. Maybe I should stop my hatin'.

In hindsight, with the amount of construction zones in this city (and the fact that I had just rode directly past one), I'm surprised I don't end up with more flats. Hah. Now to get my hands greasy...

No comments:

Post a Comment