Friday, September 1, 2017

Nice Rack: Schuylkill Banks

Happy September! Happy Labor Day Weekend! The unofficial end of Summer is here (insert sad poop emoji) and it's greeting us with frigid-feeling weather. Actually, the temperature was a moderate 56 degrees when I awoke this morning. It was the wind that made things feel frigid. Despite that, the bright sunshine made this the perfect morning to ride.

I was out pretty early this morning around 8:15 or so. Also knowing full well that most people have already taken today off to "wrap around" their holiday, I took my sweet time getting to the office this morning. I took a slight 4-mile detour westward towards the Schuylkill River and ended up in Grays Ferry Crescent Park, where I stumbled upon this:


There are several of these Penny-farthing-inspired bike racks throughout the park, which is part of the Schuylkill Banks trail:


The park is relatively small compared to some others throughout Philly, so I didn't spend a whole lot of time there. It was still worth the ride, of course, and not a bad start to an extended weekend. I've got a unique adventure planned for tomorrow. If you're venturing out, enjoy yourself and stay safe!

Nice Racks is a series of bike rack art I've stumbled upon throughout Philadelphia

No comments:

Post a Comment