Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Tuesday Nite Therapy

Yesterday evening turned out to be a gorgeous confluence of the perfect temperature and lack of precipitation you don't often find in mid-September. Having been a little under the weather the last few days, I didn't want to waste the opportunity.

I took My Therapist out for what I called a test ride, but I'd already put her to the test before buying, obviously. This was really just a chance to stretch her legs. And mine too, I guess.

I traversed the treachery of Center City (only treacherous because I didn't have my tool kit with me in case of a flat) and worked my way up to the Schuylkill River Trail. I wasn't trying to push myself too hard - after all, it was a Tuesday evening - but before too long, I found myself at the Falls Bridge about 8 miles away. I stopped to take a pic. The first turned out sorta neat, as I'd forgotten to turn the flash off:


Wow. I guess it's good to know that cars will be able to see me, right? The second try looks a bit more tame:


Those street lights do nothing to showcase her beauty. I turned back from here and headed home. What an awesome ride! It was pretty easy, too. Without even pushing myself too hard, I easily beat my times on quite a few segments last night, but it's not like I was really going for that. I also wasn't surprised:


I rode her to work today too due to an extended commute to North Philly. I'm not planning on making that a regular thing, because I won't be able to run any errands after work without the back rack. Still, for long distances, the new girl has already proven her worth and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment