Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Sustainable Career

I attended Green Philly Blog's Sustainable Careers Forum last night. I post this here mainly because I rode my bike to the event itself, and also because my current career path very much involves sustainability in the form of bicycles and other initiatives. I'm honestly at a loss for words right now (I know it doesn't happen often. Try not to fall off your chair. Mayhaps Green Philly will do a more extensive write-up). There were a lot of answers, but I left with a lot of questions. Still, it was mostly an affirmation that I'm in the right place, which is something I couldn't have said 5 years ago, and maybe that's why I can't quite explain it.

One thing I can say is that I noticed something common among all 4 panelists and myself: they all found their way with sustainability partly by accident and frustration, just like me. Truth be told, I didn't know I loved bikes or blogging or doing the kind of work that I do until I got fed up with the TV and video industry. I was ultimately pushed to make a change and my current work just sort of...found me, because something resonated deeply inside me that made me feel good beyond just getting a paycheck. In a roundabout way, we all decided at some point to do something different and fell in love with it, and that is the real essence of having a truly "sustainable" career: doing what you love:

Slogan courtesy: WeWork (a Wash Cycle client)

No comments:

Post a Comment