Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Cameo Canceled

Last night, I made what will likely be my last appearance on a bike with Wash Cycle for a little while. If you've been reading, I've been filling in on Monday evenings due to a shortage of residential cyclists. Bittersweet-ly, that situation has been rectified.

It's been fun getting back to my roots, for sure. I mean anytime you give me an excuse to ride 15 miles on a bike, I'll take it. I have also gotten very lucky with the weather. The biggest snowstorm of our winter season was sandwiched in between the last two times I helped out, and yesterday actually started out very gloomy and rainy before turning beautiful:

Photo courtesy: me, via thewashcyclist Instagram

If you don't like the weather in Philly, just wait 10 minutes. Actually, it was downright balmy at times, but I didn't mind one bit. This qualifies as my once a week workout. Last night was busier than the previous few times I helped out, but overall nothing too crazy happened other than logging nearly 16 miles.

We always try to make our routes as efficient as possible. That said, it still looks ridiculous when you see it on a map. I love it:

And you all wonder why I love carbs...

Today is back to normal, sort of. It's currently pouring and lightning outside. Hoping this clears up before too long because I'm attending a careers in sustainability forum this evening and I'd really like to ride my bike there...

No comments:

Post a Comment