Sunday, March 19, 2017

List-erical


If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know that I have a love/hate relationship with lists. I love to make them, I hate to read them. Hate is a bit of a strong word, but a semi-case in point is this article I stumbled upon the other day about the five best traffic-free Philly bike routes. Their list is as follows (with links to the ones I've already explored):
  1. Boxer's Trail
  2. West River Drive
  3. Forbidden Drive
  4. Penn Park
  5. Schuylkill River Trail
I'll counter with my own top five:
  1. Pennypack Park
  2. Forbidden Drive
  3. Tacony Creek Park
  4. Cobbs Creek Parkway
  5. Boxer's Trail
I guess part of the fun of lists is comparing them to your own. No list is going to be perfect for anyone but the person who made it, and that's a fact. They did make a good point, however: biking season is just on the horizon, and there's one trail on their list I haven't explored, so there's at least one adventure to look forward to during 30 Days of Biking. By the way, that's less than 2 weeks away.

It's much nicer outside today than yesterday, so I may just venture out there today...

No comments:

Post a Comment