Friday, March 24, 2017

Rustcycles: Frankford & Girard

As the weather has turned sharply colder for what is hopefully the final time this early Spring, there haven't been many riding adventures for the latter part of this week. No worries for my blog brain though, as my little saunter up to Fishtown the other day provided me with some bonus writing fodder.

While walking into the Garage, I spotted this tire still locked to the bike rack out front:


It's a Continental Tour Ride, which is a pretty solid tire, and it's still full of air. I have a friend who swears by these tires, so much so that I'm going to buy them for my next set (whenever that may be, likely soon). The wheel is still in pretty good shape to boot, so like I've said several times before...may want to go get the bolt cutters for this one. Haha. Like many stranded bikes or tires, people continue to lock around it, making for some bizarre sights:



Yet another lesson to lock by more than just your rim...not sure if I'm noticing more Rustcycles lately because of the snow melt and they're more visible, or if they've just started becoming more frequent. I could probably conduct a study if I really felt like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment