Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lemonhead


Any time I'm at the intersection of two same street names, I think of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer thinks he's found the nexus of the universe at 1st and 1st. I was surprised not to see more people around. You'd think this would be a pretty Poplar spot.

I promise no more puns for this entry. At any rate, I had just finished picking up from Outward Bound in Fairmount Park. It happened to be the last appointment of a rather busy morning, so I felt I owed it to myself to pause for a minute to enjoy the view from Lemon Hill. You can see center city on the left:

The statue is a depiction of former Philadelphia mayor and newspaper publisher Morton McMichael. A mayor in the newspaper business. Kinda makes ya think...


If you look very closely, you can see the moon over his left shoulder. (Pats self on back)

No comments:

Post a Comment