Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This Spoke to Me...


Bit of a delay on this one...last Thursday, Spoke Magazine hosted a happy hour for the bike-centric community of Philadelphia. They had an ulterior motive of garnering some donations for their upcoming issue (it's a magazine run by volunteers), but of course it was for a good cause: getting cyclists together to bitch about how much we hate cab drivers for always cutting us off!

Anyway, I made some new friends, drank some new beers, ate some FREE food (minus my donation)...what more could I ask for? I happened to mention this blog to them, so I'm hoping for a shout-out in the next issue...hah.

They're holding a launch party next Thursday May 7th, so if you happen to be in the area, let's hang.

Side note: The place where it was held, W/N W/N Coffee Bar, is collectively owned and operated by I think 7 people, one of which I met last year through SHI. Interesting idea to say the least...

Many more happy hours to come I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment