Thursday, April 2, 2015

When Business Gets (Awkwardly) Personal

Last week, Wash Cycle opened a new plant in North Philly, and promoted me to "Route Manager," which basically means I'm in charge of all the northern commercial appointments, rather than having a different person assigned to them every day. Go me. Haha.

One of the intended results of this move was that we'd have a more personal relationship with our clients, and let me tell ya...it's working.

Case in point, earlier this week I went to deliver a bag at a spa-like business (I'm attempting to preserve anonymity). They weren't open yet, but the business owner was there at our scheduled time and greeted me at the front door wearing nothing but a pair of gym shorts. THAT'S personal. I think he said he was cleaning.

One of my past bosses once said, in regards to customer service, "Make sure the client has a warm fuzzy." I don't think this is what he had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment