Friday, April 10, 2015

Nice Rack: Bodine & Wildey


The bike rack isn't all that outlandish (see the diagonal green "sevens" attached to the fence?), even though it is neat looking. I found this scene particularly nice because today was downright miserable weather-wise, and this pseudo-mural brightened up an otherwise bland street directly across from Liberty Lands Park in Northern Liberties (My former 'hood. Sigh).

However, I have a bit of sadness to report (and no picture of this sadness, either, because it's too sad). Whoever is building across the street from my house knocked down an Isaiah Mosaic Wall and put up a temporary fence so they could have a quicker path to the site they're excavating behind where the wall used to be.

Yet another lesson to appreciate beauty at every moment. GFY, urban renewal.



Nice Racks is a series of bike rack art I've stumbled upon throughout Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment