Friday, May 15, 2015

I Assure You, We're Open

For the last 2 months, I've been working out of a mostly empty laundromat with one other person. Even though I've missed some of my fellow cyclists in center city, it's been kinda nice to be able to come in and work at my own pace without being bothered. I get a lot done that way. Hah...

Every time I've stepped outside, the neighbors have been asking on a daily basis "What's going in there?" and "When do you open?" Apparently this place opens to the public on Monday. I'll miss the alone-ness of this place just the same, but it's kind of exciting... This neighborhood is undergoing a rehabilitation, and a big part of that is bringing new businesses in, either in a renovated space or a completely new one. Before Wash Cycle bought it, this was an abandoned auto parts store just a few months ago:


There's still work to be done, but it's definitely looking better than it did. I wish I had a before picture. Of course, with progress, there will always be detractors and obstacles. If you look closely, the paint under the "Opening Soon" sign is fresh because we were tagged last week. And I'm not sure if this was human-caused or a natural casualty, but that solar panel on the far right looks to be injured. Bunch of savages in this town...

Anyway, onward and upward, and happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment