Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Small Ball World


When I first moved to Northern Liberties just over a year ago, one of the first places I stumbled into was 3rd & Girard. I actually quite literally stumbled in there. I lived just two blocks away.

At any rate, it became my favorite local hangout for a lot of reasons: good company, open mic nights, 180 craft beers, and of course, I didn't have to drive (or even bike) to get there.

Months later, even after moving out of the neighborhood, I still frequent the place, mostly by bike. I became such good friends with the community there that I eventually joined the bar softball team this season, and for the most part, it's been pretty awesome.

BUT, let me tell ya...it hurts. I love to pat myself on the back for being in good shape, but after playing softball AFTER working all day Monday, I'm STILL in pain today. As my Dad would say, I have aches in places I didn't know I had places. So much for being in shape, hah!

Where's this going? Strangely enough, I deliver laundry to a business that also sponsors a team in the same league, Flotation Philly in Fishtown:


Small friggin' world. The manager's a really cool guy, and it's been great working with him so far...especially since he offered me a free float, which has been SORELY needed (I still have yet to redeem, but soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment