Monday, June 22, 2015

Back on the Cycle Again

I wrote last week that I was going away for a while. I definitely missed this place, but I had fun while I was away, too. Here's what I did!


That's a 27-inch pike, and the lure that caught him (or her...I'm not really sure). More or less, that's what I did last week: fishing, some hiking, other outdoors-ing, none of which really fits into the mold of this blog, so we'll move on...

Getting the cycling legs back this morning was more challenging than expected, and I'm not sure why I was surprised. When I used to lift weights every day and then take a few days off here and there, I was always annoyed by how easily the body can lose muscle mass seemingly 50 times faster than it gains. Hauling a full trike (and round-tripping over 15 miles today) was anything but a pleasure cruise, but I survived, and I could even fake a smile:


I've been going overboard on the selfies lately. Whatever.

At any rate, on the way home, I encountered a strangely creepy yet peaceful scene in my old 'hood, where the beginnings of some much-needed road repair provided a desolate view of N3RD street:


And then again on 4th street, which hadn't been ground yet:


This was a stark departure from two streets I'm used to seeing packed bumper-to-bumper on both curbs, making the road just barely wide enough for a bike and the average car. I like it this way better. No truck dodging. Ha.

Now let's see how long it takes them to actually PAVE the street...

No comments:

Post a Comment