Tuesday, June 30, 2015

You've got a Friend in Philly

I've been cat-sitting for my friend this week, and she happens to live near my old 'hood, way closer to where I work, so I asked her if I could spend the night there a couple-a-three times. She said yes, and I did last night. Eventually.

I had just finished eating dinner and was getting ready to leave, but I was putzing around as I am wont to do. Then, I got a text from some friends who just so happened to be in town and were looking for a good place to eat. I threw out a bunch of recommendations, and they decided on Cedars, the Mediterranean joint that's not too far from my house. I thought it would be nice to pay them a visit on my way up north, figuring I wouldn't be more than 10-15 minutes.

A couple hours, many good laughs and 3 glasses of wine later, I was on my way up north. So much for a short visit. Ha...



Finally on my way again, I saw this random dude waving at me through the window at Silk City on Spring Garden St. At first, I thought it was just some guy being a dick. Then I took a second glance and I thought for sure it was my co-worker who I never see any more (we work different shifts). So I pulled on to the sidewalk, and as I was locking my bike, this tall fella came outside and said "Yo Prudente!" So, naturally, I stopped to catch up. Ha...

Luckily I had fed the cats earlier in the day, or I'm sure they would have been pretty annoyed with me by the time I showed up at 11:30. Just FYI, they were/are fine.

The big city is, in fact, quite small. I mean, what are the odds? It's always kinda nice to randomly run into friends, and I guess even running behind schedule, you always end up where you're meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment