Friday, June 12, 2015

Your Friendly Neighborhood Cyclist

Look at that mug. After 3 cups of coffee (pun intended), I guess anyone can have enough energy to cheeseball...haha.

Today was my last day of work before a week's hiatus - much-needed, but it will be bittersweet for sure. I like it here in Philly. I don't like to leave here very often, and today, I was reminded of how ingrained what I do and where I live has become in my very being.

I don't want to go into too many specifics, but here's one quaint little tale: I was riding through Northern Liberties this morning when I heard a polite "honk honk" on 2nd Street. I looked over, and it was one of my clients, the owner of Flotation Philly. A polite "What's up?" and a wave and we went about our days, just like neighbors passing by. Since Wash Cycle switched to route managers, it's been great. I feel like my customers have become my friends as well. Plus, the company gave me these business cards with my name on 'em!


And a webpage too: http://www.washcyclelaundry.com/prudente. Alright, that's enough shameless self-promotion. Point is, I'm going to miss interacting with my customers and my community this week. I came home this afternoon to find my roommates and neighbors lounging with a kiddie pool.


Not bad for a city sidewalk. My roommates greeted me with lunch, which was much appreciated because of how late I was getting home. I wish I could have stuck around longer. Alas...

After I got showered and changed, I walked down the street to my afternoon job at SHI. We're currently hosting a seminar, and I've become pretty good friends with the students but especially our staff and volunteers. On top of being super nice people, they greeted me with food as well (which I had to politely decline because I was full - a good problem to have, right?).

I got sidetracked writing this...I had more to add, but you get the point. I'll miss this place while I'm away. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment