Monday, June 8, 2015

Rustcycles: 5th & Washington

This is a delayed post, and plenty odd...

Whoever owns this bike actually took the time to remove the rear tire before locking their bike to this electric pole:


Good idea, except they left their seat attached, and some peeps will try to steal anything that's not locked down. I'm not sure if they were trying to steal the tube or just mess with the bike, but it appears that they realized there was no way to remove it without removing the chain (or cutting the tube) and decided to just leave it:


As I said, this one is quite bizarre, but since I took this picture several weeks ago, I have seen a few other attempted tube removals like this...people are strange.

Rustcycles is a series of abandoned bicycles and locks I've stumbled upon throughout Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment