Thursday, August 6, 2015

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Several times a week, I come across the intersection of 16th St, Arch St. and the Ben Franklin Parkway, on the northwest corner of Love Park. It's a strange configuration which I don't really care to describe in great detail, but the traffic signals have an equally strange pattern.

Traffic heading west on Arch Street has a green light while everyone else has to wait. I always get a bit of a sarcastic smile when I'm stopped here, because there are usually at least half a dozen pedestrians who walk out onto the street (in the cross walk) to wait for their turn to cross:


...as if that's safe, or necessary. You'd never see this on the West Coast. People are much more laid back and/or patient. I'd love to do a time lapse of this intersection, or maybe if I felt like creeping out one of them, following them to their destination to ask "Really? You were in a hurry for this?" Ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment