Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thank You for Signaling

I've been on a bit of a brief hiatus, and this return post will be short, but it will be sweet.

In light of my recent posts about aggressive motorists, I was pleasantly surprised by a nice one today.

I was rounding Logan Square (yes, confusing, I know) and had to cross four lanes to get in position to make a right onto 17th Street. I put my right hand out (as a good cyclist should) to let everyone know.

When I got to the next stop sign at Race Street, a woman in a tan sedan (hey, it rhymes!) politely called out to me "Thanks for signaling!" I waved and went about my day.

Thank YOU for appreciating. We need more people like you.

This isn't in Logan Square. It is, however, a confusing signal at Moyamensing & Reed. I think it works in this context.

1 comment:

  1. Logan Square (not square actually) is where I used to work, and it's crazy to think of you crossing those lanes in traffic on a bicycle!

    ReplyDelete